For nearly two decades, the ProQuest team of specialists has tailored risk solutions to meet the unique needs of law firms. When it comes to making certain that your insurance program is the right solution for your firm, we do not believe that one size fits all; our insights into the legal profession and the special challenges confronting law firms today have resulted in highly creative and successful solutions in the face of the volatile economic and insurance market cycles. Our team will explore multiple program structures with broad form manuscript policy wordings and tailor a program to meet your specific needs
As a premier partner for your law firm's insurance needs, we offer:
- An in-depth understanding of the coverage issues faced by law firms
- Counseling on insurance-related litigation and claims processes
- Extensive knowledge of ethics and professional standards requirements
- Unparalleled market relationships that provide us direct access to the best programs, products and terms
Our offices in Chicago and New York support the needs of our clients both domestically and internationally.
Executive Vice President | Chicago
312 930 1472
Craig Howser specializes in placing professional liability, employment practices liability, management liability, and data breach security insurance for mid-to-large-size firms. He has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, predominantly focused on legal space.
Prior to joining ProQuest in 2000 to establish its Chicago office, Howser was with Aon Risk Services, focusing exclusively on the insurance needs of law firms. Prior to that, he was with Zurich American as an underwriting team leader in its Alternative Risk Casualty Group, responsible for underwriting captives, risk retention groups (RRG), and risk purchasing groups (RPG).
Howser holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and finance from the University of Iowa. In addition, he holds the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation and is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, The Association of Lloyd’s Brokers, and the Board of Directors for the Surplus Lines Association of Illinois.
Executive Vice President | New York
212 895 0290
Stuart Girling specializes in placing professional liability, employment practices liability, and management liability insurance. He has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, predominantly focused on professional liability coverage.
Girling joined ProQuest in 2009 to open its New York City office, enhancing the firm’s presence in the Northeast. Previously, he served as Senior Vice President in the Professional Services Group of Aon Risk Services. Prior to working with Aon, Girling was Senior Underwriter with CNA Re UK Ltd., responsible for the professional liability underwriting account, comprising of directors and officers, errors and omissions, and lawyers professional liability insurance and reinsurance business.
Girling holds a bachelor’s degree with honors in politics and economics from Liverpool John Moores University, England.
Executive Vice President | Chicago
312 930 1474
Peter Vexter has more than 30 years of insurance industry experience, with a focus on advising law firms in the area of professional liability exposure.
Prior to joining ProQuest in 2000 to establish its Chicago office, Vexter spent more than 15 years as a Lloyd’s of London broker, first with Sedgwick Ltd. in London, then with Sedgwick James in Chicago. He has also held brokerage positions with both Frank B Hall and Aon Risk Services.
First Vice President | Chicago
312 930 1967
Angela Fleege focuses on coverage placement and relationship management for mid-to-large-size law firm clients and has more than 14 years of experience working exclusively with professional liability insurance.
Before she joined ProQuest, Fleege worked with Arthur J. Gallagher, where she specialized in professional liability and employment practices liability coverage for law firms of all sizes.
Vice President | New York
212 895 0291
Stephanie Hurwitz specializes in placing professional liability and employment practices liability insurance and has more than 18 years of experience in the insurance industry, exclusively focused on servicing law firm clients.
Prior to joining ProQuest in 2009, Hurwitz was Vice President in the Professional Services Group with Aon Risk Services, where her primary responsibility was as a client relationship manager to more than 30 mid-to-large-size law firms nationwide.
Vice President | Chicago
312 546 5617
Jennifer Groszek provides risk management, consulting, and claims management and resolution services to a broad array of clients across the U.S. Groszek has more than 15 years of experience as an attorney, claims specialist, and business consultant. Her background in both the public and private sectors has enabled her to develop broad-based expertise that she employs to ensure clients' claims are resolved swiftly and accurately.
Prior to joining ProQuest, Groszek was a Claims Consultant and Attorney managing high-exposure D&O and E&O liability claims for a broad range of clients. Groszek, who began her career as an Assistant State's Attorney, also has extensive experience with toxic tort and environmental law.
Groszek holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point and a law degree from Valparaiso University School of Law. She is very active in the community and with various organizations, where she has received numerous awards for her service and professional accomplishments.
Vice President | Chicago
312 546 5628
Nate Stortzum focuses on servicing existing law firm clients in multiple lines of coverage, while facilitating the growth of various offerings, including reps and warranties coverage and data breach security coverage. He has more than 12 years of experience in the insurance industry, predominantly focused on the insurance needs of professional firms.
Prior to joining ProQuest, Stortzum was Midwest Regional Manager for the IronPro division of Ironshore. There, he was charged with professional liability operations for the Midwest and co-managing Ironshore’s lawyers professional liability book nationally. He also worked with Lloyd’s of London brokers on U.S. and non-U.S. business.
Stortzum holds a bachelor’s degree from St. Norbert College and an MBA from Loyola University in Chicago. He is a member of the Midwest Insurance Committee for City of Hope and a member of the Midwest Board of Directors for the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).
Account Executive | New York
212 895 0267
As an Account Manager with ProQuest, Ryan Bartley provides coverage solutions for law firms with a focus on placing professional liability, employment practices liability, management liability, and cyber liability insurance.
Bartley is a graduate of the University of Delaware. Prior to joining ProQuest, he was a legal assistant at Mendes & Mount, an insurance law firm, and Kobre & Kim, a litigation-focused boutique.
Claims Advocate Associate | Chicago
312 546 5596
Tamara Davis is an experienced claims advocate dedicated to servicing clients in both low exposure and complex claim matters. Prior to joining ProQuest, she worked for nearly eight years with AmWins Brokerage of Illinois, where she served as a liaison for a wide variety of clients and markets, providing comprehensive assistance throughout the claim management process.
Davis holds a bachelor’s degree in community development with a focus in economic sustainability from DePaul University.
ProQuest is proud of its membership with these leading and influential associations and service firms
|A worldwide organization offering an extensive array of resources and services for lawyers.|
|Professional Liability Society (PLUS)|
|Association of Lloyd's Brokers|
At ProQuest, we first assess your insurance needs through an in-depth analysis of your current placement. To ensure that we develop the optimum structure that is both cost-effective and incorporates your firm’s risk tolerance and risk profile, your ProQuest team will explore multiple program structures that meet your needs. We will develop a program that addresses your firm’s most significant exposures while including the broadest policy wording for a firm with your risk characteristics.
Key qualities that differentiate ProQuest from the competition are:
- Partnership: We work with our clients in a collaborative and open environment, where consistent standards, established by clients, are used to measure our performance.
- Responsive Service: Whether you are facing an unexpected claim with catastrophic impact or embracing new business practices in a foreign jurisdiction, the ProQuest team will organize the resources necessary to deliver service efficiently and effectively.
- Powerful Market Relationships: ProQuest has unparalleled market relationships that provide us with direct access to the best programs, products, and broadest policy terms and conditions.
- We are recognized as the preeminent provider of insurance and risk management solutions for the legal profession
- We are innovative leaders in our market segment; we remain consistently ahead of the competition
- We extend a balanced offering to our clients:
- Expertise and services
- Relationships (underwriters, specialty providers)
- We have strong cultural alignment with our clients and markets
- We positively impact our community in a variety of ways
- We deliver a degree of service that differentiates us from other agencies and brokerages
- Our clients depend on us to go above and beyond to anticipate and meet their needs, and to act in their best interest always
- We listen to and understand our clients’ concerns and expectations
- We communicate in a timely and easy-to-understand manner
- We provide extraordinary service and exceed expectations
- We exhibit transparency and directness while acting as a credible and reliable resource for our clients and team members
- We seek to provide equitable solutions above consequences
- We dispense valuable, unbiased and forward-looking advice
- We exhibit persistent actions of integrity
- We challenge ourselves to inject quality in all we do, and motivate each other to do the same
- We strive to forge the best partnerships and to provide unmatched products and service
- We demonstrate discipline and hold one another accountable
- We exhibit resilience in the face of opposition or setback
- We embrace and exhibit strong spirit, collaboration, respect, and collegiality
- We communicate and collaborate effectively
- We encourage one another to engage fully
- We educate ourselves with meaningful interactions
- We embrace and exhibit positive energy, enthusiasm, strong spirit, and morale
- We maintain an inclusive and fulfilling environment in which we value each other’s ideas and contributions
- We are devoted to the improvement of ourselves as individuals and our team as a whole
- We recognize and celebrate our success; acknowledge and learn from our mistakes